Sunday 18 March 2012

I OWN MO' HIT RECORDS - DBANJ

I OWN MO' HIT RECORDS - DBANJ

Its crystal clear that the once rosy relationship between koko master, Dbanj and Ace Producer Don Jazzy is over after both parties admitted the total breakdown of the once envious relationship between them in a separate interview. there have being accusations and counter accusations from both side as to what lead to the breakdown in thier relationship with Dbanj claiming ownership of Mo hit records. With the way things are going, it seems there is so much cold blood between both parties with Don Jaazy now moving around with armed guard after moving out of thier Lekki apartment with both of them share together.

 Normally in situations like this, Don Jazzy will be active on his Twitter page but no single tweet from the man who ranked as one of the most active Nigerian stars on the social network untill the 15th of March when he confirms his separate from Dbanj ON Twitter. always keep a date with this page as we keep you posted on the development.don't forget to leave a comment on your of the urgly situation.

In a recent interview with EBONY MAGAZINE, D’banj talks about his relationship with Kanye West’s G.O.O. D music, American dreams, and finally the bombshell "I OWN MO HIT RECORDS."

Excerpts:

EBONY.com: How will you break into America’s entertainment scene?</p>
D’BANJ: I’m bringing my culture, my music and preaching the gospel.
We’ve been learning from America’s Hollywood scene and other areas in
Africa because our continent is developing. We look up to the way you’ve
 built your industry and we try to do ours in the best that we know.
It’s so good to see that Americans appreciate my music so that’s what
I’m bringing, just original Africa.

EBONY.com: How did you join Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label?
D’BANJ: I had a concert in Dubai and when we pulled up to the
airport’s first class lounge and a hostess ran up to me with a plaque
with Kanye’s face on it, asking me to sign it. I said ‘I’m not Kanye
West, I’m D’banj but Kanye West is coming? All eyes open.’ Then my
manager spoke to Kanye, came back and told me ‘He’ll give you five
minutes.’ I walked over — as an African man I’m always prepared — and I
played my music ‘Stand Out,’ ‘Fall In Love’ and ‘Scapegoat’ for him on
my iPod. Before we knew it, I’d almost missed my flight and he invited
me to New York.Coming from Africa I’m my own manager, I have my own label called Mo’
 Hits with my artists Dr. Sid, Wande Coal, Don Jazzy, D’Prince and
K-Switch. I own Mo’ Hits and we’ve won numerous awards by the grace of
God. Being with Kanye for the last eight months and me leading a
successful label in Africa, I’ve learned a lot and I believe people will
 see what we’re going to do. I signed with Kanye in June and that same
month I won the BET Award for Best International Act. My New York
concert isn’t done by G.O.O.D. Music, it’s done by Live Nation, meaning
I’m already a moving machine. So who better to introduce me to the
global world than Kanye West, a crazy genius?

EBONY.com: What is your chemistry like in the studio with West?
D’BANJ: Kanye doesn’t try to change you. He has great ears and great
people working with him. I learned the way people do music in America is
 different, number one, the budget. You don’t have to rush a song
 you can take your time. I was glad because I have a studio in my home
but I thought I was doing too much. I’ve been working with everyone else
 on G.O.O.D. Music too and John Legend and I worked together in London
recently. It’s been great experience, I just beg people to listen with
an open mind.

No comments: